UPDATE as of 8:15 p.m. on 8/22/2014: Channel 6 Action News at Noon will expand to an hour on Monday, September 8th. That day will be super busy as we will see newscasts debut left and right across this country.
FIRST ON THE BLOG: A poster on TVNewsTalk.net (great website, check it out.) says that WPVI 6 is expanding to a full-hour of news at noon and it will. WPVI 6 is expanding another newscast because people love Action News. WPVI 6 is expanding Channel 6 Action News at Noon from 30 minutes to a full-hour at noon, starting soon, possibly in September. The expanded hour replaces Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? which is moving to 2:00 p.m. to replace half of Katie, which has since been canceled. This is how the new programming lineup will be, once the noon newscast expands to a full hour:
- 12:00 p.m. – Channel 6 Action News at Noon
- 1:00 p.m. – The Chew
- 2:00 p.m. – Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
- 2:30 p.m. – Jeopardy! (repeat)
- 3:00 p.m. – General Hospital
- 4:00 p.m. – Channel 6 Action News at 4:00
- 5:00 p.m. – Channel 6 Action News at 5:00
- 5:30 p.m. – Channel 6 Action News at 5:30
- 6:00 p.m. – Channel 6 Action News at 6:00
- 6:30 p.m. – ABC World News with Diane Sawyer (soon gonna be replaced by David Muir)
WCAU 10 also produces an hour-long midday newscast, but at 11:00 a.m. Other than WFMZ-TV 69 which will remain a half-hour for news at noon, WCAU 10 and WPVI 6 are the only ones producing midday newscasts at 11:00 a.m. and noon, respectively.
IMO… I say, IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME!