FIRST ON THE BLOG: WTSP 10 is so bad in the ratings in the market, but will finally deliver some good news, of sorts. In fact, it’s gonna be late to this party.
Starting Monday October 20th, WTSP 10 will expand it’s morning newscast to 4:30 a.m., becoming just the 3rd station out of 5 in the market (WFLA 8, WTSP 10, WTVT 13, WFTS 28 and Sarasota-based WWSB 40/Cable 7) to expand to 4:30 a.m. The new half-hour newscast will be anchored by Allison Kropff and Joe Gumm. WFLA 8 and WTVT 13 already have news at 4:30 a.m. so, good luck WTSP.
But this would also affect programming changes to WTSP 10 starting this Monday, including adding Inside Edition, LIVE at 3:00 p.m. (which is rare for any station to carry, since those who do would carry it later), a second episode of Jeopardy at 3:30 p.m., moving Let’s Make a Deal to 10:00 a.m. and adding the second half-hour of CBS News’ Face the Nation, starting next Sunday.
So basically, this is how the new daytime lineup would be for WTSP 10…
- 10:00-11:00 AM: Let’s Make a Deal
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM: The Price is Right
- 12:00-12:30 PM: 10 News at Noon
- 12:30-1:30 PM: The Young and the Restless
- 1:30-2:00 PM: The Bold and the Beautiful
- 2:00-3:00 PM: The Talk
- 3:00-3:30 PM: Inside Edition (LIVE)
- 3:30-4:00 PM: Jeopardy! (a second episode)
- 4:00-5:00 PM: Dr. Phil
- 5:00-5:30 PM: 10 News at 5:00
- 5:30-6:00 PM: 10 News at 5:30
- 6:00-6:30 PM: 10 News at 6:00
- 6:30-7:00 PM: CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley
Again, WTSP 10 is late to the party for 4:30 a.m. morning news.