Another week of newscasts debuting this week as a new month, April, begins. And yes… another Nexstar station debuts its local news operation this week.
Monday April 4th, 2016
- 5:00-6:00 AM: Acadiana’s KLAF News Today at 5:00 a.m.
- 6:00-7:00 AM: Acadiana’s KLAF News Today at 6:00 a.m.
KLAF in Lafayette. This is the only set of newscasts left to debut from the new news operation in Lousiana’s Acadiana region. It competes against KATC 3 (ABC) and KLFY 10 (CBS) in these timeframes in the area.
- 7:00-8:00 AM: NewsChannel 9 – Good Morning Chattanooga at 7:00 a.m. on FOX Chattanooga
- 8:00-9:00 AM: NewsChannel 9 – Good Morning Chattanooga at 8:00 a.m. on FOX Chattanooga
WTVC 9.2 in Chattanooga. For the first time ever, the market will be receiving two hours of local morning news after 7:00am. The 7:00am hour competes against WDEF 12 (CBS)’s hour-long morning newscast at 7:00am for its Bounce TV subchannel, but the 8:00am hour is all by themselves.
- 9:00-10:00 AM: KOCO 5 News in the Morning at 9:00 a.m. (KOCO 5.1)
- 9:00-9:30 PM: KOCO 5 News at 9:00 on Me-TV Oklahoma City (KOCO 5.2)
KOCO in Oklahoma City. Erielle Reshef, Abigail Ogle and Brad Sowers will helm OKC’s ONLY hour-long morning newscast at 9:00am after KOKH 25 (FOX) discontinued it a few weeks ago. The primetime newscast on its second digital subchannel will compete against KOKH 25 (FOX) and KFOR 4’s weeknight 9:00pm newscast on KAUT 43 (Ind).
- 9:00-10:00 PM: WZDX News – First at 9:00
WZDX in Huntsville. After months of planning, upgrading and getting it up from the ground, WZDX 54 will debut its first-ever attempt at a local news operation, thanks to Nexstar’s commitment with the area’s ONLY hour-long 9:00pm newscast. This will be WZDX 54’s ONLY local newscast at the moment.
- 7:00-7:30 PM: Channel 2 News at 7:00
KTVN in Reno. Just reported hours ago, KTVN 2 will go to 7:00pm in the hopes of catching those in Reno who get home and may have missed the 5:00, 5:30, 6:00 or 6:30pm weeknight newscasts. This will be the ONLY local newscast on at that timeslot in the market.
If any changes… I’ll let you know on social media. Have a great week and welcome to April.