Look who’s coming back to do a midday newscast at 11:00am? Yep. That’s right! The news leader is Chicago is ready to do it once again.
Starting Monday June 27th, WLS 7 is going to, once again, air an hour-long midday newscast at 11:00am. This time under ABC 7 Eyewitness News Midday, I have no word as to who will anchor the news this time but expect ABC 7 First Alert Weather AMS & NWA/Sealed Meteorologist Tracy Butler to resume her weather duties for the midday broadcast, as she has done during most of the station’s late initial run at midday.
Regarding to the rejoin of the midday newscast, WLS 7 will, once again, compete against WBBM 2 (CBS; half-hour), WMAQ 5 (NBC; hour-long) and WGN 9 (The CW; two hours – one at 11:00am and another one at 12:00 Noon) for local news at that block in the market.
WLS 7’s Vice President and News Director, Jennifer Graves:
“We’re always thrilled to seize an opportunity to produce more news and information for our viewers. An 11:00am newscast will be a great addition to our daytime lineup.”
By the way, this will cause Windy City LIVE to move, once again for the third time and this time, from 11:00am to 1:00pm, now going on after The Chew from ABC. That will also begin on Monday June 27th and it will replace The FAB Life in which (no surprise) it has been cancelled. This becomes the third timeslot for WLS 7’s lifestyle/talk show as it initially debuted at 9:00am to replace Oprah (which was produced in Chicago), then moved to 11:00am once it acquired LIVE with Kelly from WGN 9 and now being moved to 1:00pm to replace a failed and cancelled syndicated show. The show will keep the hosts it has now, Valerie Warner and Ryan Chiaverini with Ji Suk Yi as contributing host.
WLS 7’s Vice President of Creative Services and Programming, Curtis Miles:
“Windy City LIVE, a one-of-a kind Chicago gem that in its 5th year, has not only entertained local audiences, but has forged so many fantastic connections in the community. We’re looking forward to the show doing well at 1:00pm.”
This means that this is what the new weekday schedule would look like for WLS 7, starting Monday June 27th. ABC programming in regular, ABC News in italics and underlined, local news and programming in italics and syndicated programming in underlined with the newest changes in bold:
- 4:00-4:30 AM: ABC America This Morning
- 4:30-7:00 AM: ABC 7 Eyewitness News This Morning
- 7:00-9:00 AM: Good Morning America
- 9:00-10:00 AM: LIVE with Kelly
- 10:00-11:00 AM: The View
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM: ABC 7 Eyewitness News Midday
- 12:00-1:00 PM: The Chew
- 1:00-2:00 PM: Windy City LIVE
- 2:00-3:00 PM: General Hospital
- 3:00-3:30 PM: Inside Edition
- 3:30-4:00 PM: Jeopardy!
- 4:00-5:00 PM: ABC 7 Eyewitness News at 4:00
- 5:00-5:30 PM: ABC 7 Eyewitness News at 5:00
- 5:30-6:00 PM: ABC World News TONIGHT with David Muir
- 6:00-6:30 PM: ABC 7 Eyewitness News at 6:00
- 6:30-7:00 PM: Wheel Of Fortune
- 7:00-10:00 PM: ABC Primetime
- 10:00-10:35 PM: ABC 7 Eyewitness News at 10:00
- 10:35-11:37 PM: Jimmy Kimmel LIVE
- 11:37 PM-12:05 AM: Nightline
- 12:05-1:05 AM: The FAB Life (will air until 9/9; Windy City LIVE rebroadcast will return on 9/12)
- 1:05-1:35 AM: ABC 7 Eyewitness News at 10:00 (repeat)
- 1:35-2:35 AM: Rachael Ray
- 2:35-4:00 AM: ABC World News Now
So there you have it. WLS 7 will be going back to a much comfortable spot that has been until 2013: a local midday hour-long newscast at 11:00am. Something that WLS 7 knows how to do best and it knows its returning to its roots so good for WLS 7.