The first week of 2017 will see some new newscasts and some few changes to reflect the new affiliation changes to begin the year. In other words, here is this week’s list as done by day and time order.
Monday January 2nd, 2017
- 4:30-5:00 AM: NBC Boston News Today at 4:30 a.m.
- 5:00-6:00 AM: NBC Boston News Today at 5:00 a.m.
- 6:00-7:00 AM: NBC Boston News Today at 6:00 a.m.
- 4:00-5:00 PM: NBC Boston News at 4:00
- 5:00-6:00 PM: NBC Boston News at 5:00
- 6:00-6:30 PM: NBC Boston News at 6:00
- 7:00-7:30 PM: NBC Boston News at 7:00
- 11:00-11:35 PM: NBC Boston News TONIGHT at 11:00
WBTS in Boston. The station will finally debut its weekday slate tomorrow. Please note that the 4:00pm newscast may start at 4:30pm instead due to The 2016 NHL Winter Classic from NBC Sports that can cause that delay and if it goes past 4:30pm, then the 4:00pm hour will debut on Tuesday instead. Also note that the noon newscast is not there and that’s because NBC will be airing The Tournament of Roses Parade from 11:00am-1:00pm.
- 5:30-6:00 AM: WWAY News – Good Morning Carolina at 5:30 a.m.
- 6:00-7:00 AM: WWAY News – Good Morning Carolina at 6:00 a.m.
- 12:00-12:30 PM: WWAY News at Noon on WWAY CBS
- 5:00-5:30 PM: WWAY News at 5:00
- 5:30-6:00 PM: WWAY News – Good Evening Wilmington at 5:30
- 6:00-6:30 PM: WWAY News at 6:00
- 7:00-7:30 PM: WWAY News at 7:00 on WWAY CBS
- 7:30-8:00 PM: WWAY News at 7:30 on WWAY CBS
- 10:00-10:30 PM: Cape Fear CW Primetime News at 10:00 (WWAY 3.3)
- 11:00-11:35 PM: WWAY News at 11:00
WWAY in Wilmington. Only the noon, 7:00 and 7:30pm newscasts are new. The rest are just simulcasts from WWAY’s main channel. Also, the 10:00pm moves to WWAY’s third digital subchannel and makes that move official tomorrow.
- 7:00-8:00 AM: 7 News – Today in New England at 7:00 a.m.
- 8:00-9:00 AM: 7 News – Today in New England at 8:00 a.m.
- 6:30-7:00 PM: 7 News at 6:30
- 9:00-10:00 PM: 7 News at 9:00
- 10:00-11:00 PM: 7 News at 10:00
WHDH in Boston. All other newscasts will be kept and the 10:00pm is an extension from WLVI 56 (CW) in which that simulcast between Channels 7 and 56 will continue.
- 7:00-8:00 AM: WVLT Local 8 News This Morning at 7:00 a.m. on CW 20
- 8:00-9:00 AM: WVLT Local 8 News This Morning at 8:00 a.m. on CW 20
- 10:00-10:30 PM: WVLT Local 8 News at 10:00 on CW 20
WBXX in Knoxville. Their sister station WVLT 8 takes over production of the newscasts from WATE 6 now that WVLT 8 and WBXX 20 are sister stations. Yes, the same timeslots are kept.
- 7:00-8:00 AM: WRAL Morning News at 7:00 a.m. on WILM-TV 10
- 8:00-9:00 AM: WRAL Morning News at 8:00 a.m. on WILM-TV 10
- 12:00-1:00 PM: WRAL News at Noon on WILM-TV 10
WILM in Wilmington. The station will add two new hours in the morning from WRAL 5 (NBC) in Raleigh’s sister station WRAZ 50 (FOX) and it’ll be the only newscast that will be simulcast from WRAZ 50. The noon newscast is not new but rather an extension to a full hour.
Tuesday January 3rd, 2017
- 4:30-5:00 AM: News 8’s Good Morning Connecticut at 4:30 a.m.
- 12:00-12:30 PM: News 8 at Noon
WTNH in Hartford. The station re-expands the morning newscast to 4:30am for the first time in some 3 years when it was discontinued the first time around. The noon newscast will soon become a half-hour newscast once again as Family Feud will occupy the 12:30pm timeslot.
- 12:00-12:30 PM: NBC Boston News NOW at Noon
WBTS in Boston. This newscast debut is delayed by a day due to NBC’s coverage of The 2016 Tournament of Roses Parade that will run from 11:00am-1:00pm.
That’s it for us for now. If any changes take place, social media is where you’ll hear it first. Let’s have a great 2017 on the blog and have a great first week of the new year!