Another list of newscasts debuting this week is here. Today, we got plenty and all are debuting on the MLK Holiday. Take time to honor a legendary leader in Martin Luther King, Jr. who fought for civil rights for all and not just for a select few.
Monday January 16th, 2017 (MLK Holiday)
- 4:30-5:00 AM: FOX 45 Morning News – The Early Edition at 4:30 a.m.
WBFF in Baltimore. The newscast is expanding to five-and-a-half hours starting tomorrow and will be the third Baltimore station to expand to that timeslot with WJZ 13 (CBS) still starting at 5:00am.
- 7:00-8:00 AM: FOX 8 News at 7:00 a.m.
- 8:00-9:00 AM: FOX 8 News at 8:00 a.m.
WWCP in Johnstown. The station will try its hand at mornings for the very first time with help of production from WJAC 6 (NBC) in the same market.
- 6:00-7:00 AM: News 11 Sunrise at 6:00 a.m.
- 5:00-5:30 PM: News 11 – The Early Edition at 5:00
- 10:00-10:35 PM: News 11 Nightside at 10:00
KECY 9.2 in Yuma. These aren’t new newscasts. Rather, they are simulcasts of KYMA 11 (NBC)’s weekday newscasts and all but one newscast will be simulcast on KECY 9.2 as the 5:30pm newscast is dropped for those reasons.
- 7:00-8:00 AM: News 11 Sunrise at 7:00 a.m. on FOX 9
KECY in Yuma. The main channel of KECY 9 will air the market’s ONLY local morning newscast at 7:00am and branding will shift to KYMA 11’s News 11 as it used to air newscasts under the FOX 9 News and later ABC 5 News brandings.
- 11:00-11:30 AM: News 4 New York Midday
WNBC in New York City. The station is moving its midday newscast to 11:00am and will be the first midday newscast at 11:00am in the market since 2009 when WNYW 5 (FOX) canceled their midday newscast in favor of expanding its popular Good Day New York to five hours (now five and a half).
- 6:00-7:00 PM: 13 On Your Side at 6:00
KSWT in Yuma. The station moves its 5:00pm half-hour to 6:30pm to create the area’s ONLY hour-long newscast at 6:00pm.
That’s it for this week. If anything changes, you’ll hear it first on social media. Have a great week and enjoy the MLK Holiday tomorrow.