This blog is about news on adding, expanding or dropping newscasts from across the country. Plus, we may report on any affiliation changes that could be happening. Because those affiliation changes could affect a station’s news department. This blog was founded and created on Monday, August 11th, 2014.
When you read FIRST ON THE BLOG, it means it has not been reported yet by either TVSpy, TVNewsCheck or FTVLive, the 3 big websites where you usually read news about stations adding or expanding newscasts. We’re glad to sometimes deliver stories that were reported FIRST by us and not by any other website. If you’re a television news junkie (like myself) or love the television news industry, then this website is for you. Please check back daily as you may never know when another station will either add, expand or drop a newscast. When we hear something new about it, you’ll hear it here on this blog.
Please follow this blog! It will give you email updates for whenever I make a new post on the blog and so that way, you’ll stay informed into what’s new and what’s happening. Please and thank you.
Thanks to the amount of success the blog has generated, a Twitter account for the blog was started on Monday June 1st, 2015 and can be followed at @ChangeNewsBlog. A Facebook page was created (“The Changing Newscasts Blog”) on Monday September 21st, 2015 to expand the blog’s social media reach.
– From Roly, the blogposter.
- Stories about Adding, Expanding and Dropping Newscasts in this ever-changing TV news landscape. (August 11th-September 7th, 2014)
- The Latest News about Local Newscasts. (September 8th, 2014-present)
Mentioned by competing media industry observer rivals (with credit):
- WXXV Adds 3rd Newscast in 6 Months (January 29th, 2016 by TVSpy)
- Colorado Springs Station (KKTV) Adds and Subtracts Newscasts (August 4th, 2016 by TVSpy)
- KKTV Moving 6:30 P.M. Newscast to 4 P.M. (August 4th, 2016 by TVNewsCheck; their link just links back to our story)
- WOLF Launches Own Newscast (January 3rd, 2017 by TVSpy)