FIRST ON THE BLOG: A small change has just taken place in Syracuse and it looks like Central New York has lost one 10:00pm newscast now.
Another edition of newscasts debuting this week. Yep, we have a few this week and here’s that list – Listed in Eastern Time Zone:
Monday September 15th, 2014:
- 7:00-8:00 AM: KREM 2 Morning News at 7:00 a.m. on Spokane’s CW 22 (KSKN)
- 8:00-9:00 AM: KREM 2 Morning News at 8:00 a.m. on Spokane’s CW 22 (KSKN)
KSKN in Spokane, WA – Coeur d’Alene, ID. This was exclusive to us to report for a month now and it’s finally premiering tomorrow. Thank you Jen York for the details! Spokane’s ONLY 7:00-9:00 a.m. local news block is coming to KSKN 22.
- 12:00-12:30 PM: CBS 46 News at Noon
WGCL in Atlanta. WGCL 46 returns to airing a noon newscast after a 3-year absence. CBS 46’s Better Mornings Atlanta at 9:00 a.m. aired it’s last edition on Friday ahead of tomorrow’s noon newscast return.
- 4:00-4:30 PM: NewsChannel 9, First at 4:00
WSYR in Syracuse. WSYR 9 will air Syracuse’s ONLY 4:00 p.m. weekday newscast with a promise to air more “Good News” than traditional newscasts. It’s anchored by Carrie Lazarus, the queen of TV news in Central New York. The King is Rod Wood, who will continue to be with Carrie at 5:00, 5:30 and 6:00 p.m.
- 4:00-5:00 PM: ABC 7 News at 4:00
WJLA in Washington, D.C. This is a part of Sinclair’s first push for WJLA 7, including more local news. And 4:00 p.m. is the first one to expand for WJLA.
- 5:00-5:30 PM: NH1 News at 5:00
- 5:30-6:00 PM: NH1 News at 5:30
- 6:00-6:30 PM: NH1 News at 6:00
- 10:00-11:00 PM: NH1 News TONIGHT at 10:00
WBIN in Derry – Manchester, NH – Boston, MA. After months of planning and constructing and working, WBIN will finally debut it’s own news department, starting tomorrow as it’s called NH1 News (New Hampshire 1 News). WMUR 9 will FINALLY have a competitor, starting tomorrow.
4:00 p.m. has become the normal for local news. It will now take place in Syracuse as well. Starting September 15th, WSYR 9 will add a half-hour weekday newscast at 4:00 p.m. called NewsChannel 9, First at 4:00. The new newscast will be anchored by Carrie Lazarus, a 30-year station veteran for WSYR 9 in covering news in Central New York. WSYR 9 says that the program will feature a new format and that it will feature more “good news” and “good stories” than the other traditional newscasts that NewsChannel 9 covers. With this addition, WSYR 9 will now have the ONLY Noon and 4:00 p.m. broadcasts in Syracuse and in Central New York. The program is a half-hour so Inside Edition will follow at 4:30 p.m. followed by NewsChannel 9 at 5:00. Here’s how it would look starting September 15th:
- 4:00 p.m. – NewsChannel 9, First at 4:00
- 4:30 p.m. – Inside Edition
- 5:00 p.m. – NewsChannel 9 at 5:00
- 5:30 p.m. – NewsChannel 9 at 5:30
- 6:00 p.m. – NewsChannel 9 at 6:00
- 6:30 p.m. – ABC World News with Diane Sawyer (soon to be replaced by David Muir)